Creating coaching videos – the ultimate guide
In the video there was a basic explanation about what is needed for you to start creating coaching videos. But let me explain to you exactly which tools I use.
Hardware that I use for creating my own coaching videos:
1. Any smartphone works
2. Travel tripod, small and sturdy. have owned 3, cheaper versions broke down. My last tripod and one will stick with is from: Manfroto.
I also recommend a smaller gorilla tripod: Joby.
3. Lapel microphone:
Lapel mike wired I use: Smartlav+ Rode
For a no-wired solution I use: Rode Wireless Go
You can also use a lapel mike to hook into that, but contact Rode for the right version smartlav and connection cord in to the Rode Wireless Go.
5. Tripod adapter.
On a budget creating coaching videos?
If you like to make videos on more of a budget I can recommend the following hardware for creating your own coaching videos:
1. Any smart phone you have.
2. No tripod and a steady hand. I would recommend as a minimum a cheap tripod or a selfie-stick (know that a lot of people don’t like selfie-takers and the sticks remind them of that.)
3. Go without the lapel microphone.
4. No dead cat.
5. No tripod adapter, or if you do go the tripod route a cheaper adapter (this allows a phone to stand on your tripod.)
Final Cut ProX (apple)
I would not purchase this software if you don’t intend to spend 4-6 hours learning how to use this product. If you do, I recommend: 1) Take the free course at the Apple store. 2) Make sure that you do not walk out of this training unless you have the following information clear to you A) how to start a project/event, B) how to import a video from your phone or computer, C) how to cut a piece of video out, D) how to adjust the volume of the video, E) how to publish full screen, without black bars on the sides or below and above the video, F) how to share on YouTube or your preferred platform, G) if relevant how to add another movie to an existing movie, and H) how to add text to a video.
The good news is that in the Apple store the good teachers will teach you all of the above.
There are simple, inexpensive, or free software you can also use instead of FinalCut. No course at the Apple store needed here; almost anyone can learn how to use these products on their own.
Good luck creating coaching videos!