To find NLP strategies to quickly wake up & get up on the morning requires us to look at people who are already able to do this really well. Rather than look at someone who struggles with doing so. NLP allows you to figure out what strategies unconsciously and consciously a person. At the bottom of this article I will provide summary which NLP models can best be used for this for the NLP nerds out there.
The common denominator
Be sure to read last weeks blog post first that outlines the common denominator in the strategies that people use to get out of bed in the morning: How to Quickly Get Out of Bed in the Morning
What is the exit?
It gives you a better idea as to what the “exit” of the strategy is as NLP practitioners would say. Meaning the final step that determines that you wake and get up.
Projects to learn from
I have done over the years as an NLP trainer over 100-150 perhaps even small projects on this topic, as I demonstrate this in each NLP Practitioner training I do. Though I have seen variations of the strategic pattern the essence is for most people the same. Especially where it comes to the final part of the strategy and what people do NOT do.
NLP strategies to quickly wake up & get up in the morning
Here is a good suggestion for an NLP strategy to wake-up and get up quickly in the morning:
1. The moment you wake (to an alarm or not), open your eyes. Refrain from doing anything else.
2. Shift your awareness away from the comfort of being in bed. Even sit-up.
The last step depends if you are away or towards motivated. If you are motivated by moving away from what you do not want or do want.
Away motivated person:
3. Create a movie in your mind (inclusive of audio if this appeals to you) what would happen if you were late, the stress that this would cause, the rushing, the not getting everything done.
4. Create a feeling based on step 3 and increase the intensity of the negative feeling (for instance through submodalities changes if you are already took an NLP training.) Until a point that it becomes more attractive to be out of bed, rather than in bed.
5. Quickly get out of bed once the feeling is strong enough.
Toward motivated person:
3. Create a movie in your mind (inclusive of audio if this appeals to you) all the amazing things you could be doing if you got up now, a nice fresh cup of tea or coffee, more things to enjoy, more projects done, a calm way to move trought the world.
4. Create a feeling based on step 3 and increase the intensity of the positive feeling (for instance through submodalities changes if you are already took an NLP training.) Until a point that it becomes more attractive to be out of bed, rather than in bed.
5. Quickly get out of bed when the feeling is strong enough.
Shift the focus away from comfort
Stay away from shifting the focus to the comfort of your sheets, or visualizing with your eyes closed in a way that you would fall back asleep.
As promised for the NLP Practitioners the tools best to use are: TOTE (and eye accessing), meta model. For NLP Master Practitioners I would recommend to do an entire modeling project.
Oura ring (we included a discount coupon.)
Why We Sleep: The New Science of Sleep and Dream – Matthew Walker, Ph.D
We are looking for more articles about sleep and NLP strategies to quickly wake up & get up in the morning.